LINKED RESOURCES FOR WOODTURNERS & CARVERS
- King Arthur’s Tools offers speciality tools for woodturning and carving and has an online store with information regarding tools and their use.
- American Association of Woodturners is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, dedicated to advancing the art and craft of woodturning worldwide by providing opportunities for education, information, and organization to those interested in turning wood.
- Woodworking & Craft tools, tips and techniques available here
- Full range of tips and techniques, including videos and message forums.
- The Wood Turning Center is an arts and educational institution whose mission is leading the growth, awareness, appreciation and promotion of artists and their creation and design of art in wood and wood in combination with other materials. This links page offers an extensive and organized resource for turners. Albert LeCoff , Executive Director
- The Woodturner’s Workshop by Brian Clifford— The intention of this site is to provide newcomers to woodturning, and those who are still developing their skills, with useful information. It may be thought of as an on-line magazine. There are four main types of information:
- General information relating directly to turning
- Information not specific to turning but which turners may find interesting
- Reference material
- Woodturners Resource by Ron Sardo’s — Rated #1 Among All The Woodturning Forums On The Net.
This is the place woodturners go for the most up to date woodturning ideas.
- The Center for Art in Wood will continue to be the preeminent arts and education organization advancing the growth, awareness, appreciation and promotion of artists and the creation and design of art in wood and wood in combination with other materials. Magazine styled listings provides extensive information for turners and woodworkers.
- WoodNet offers Woodworking Tips, Techniques, Tool Reviews, Plans and Supplies for Woodworkers. All from the editors of three of the most respected woodworking magazines around: Woodsmith, ShopNotes, and Workbench.
- AsTheWoodTurns by Emory Mclaughlin provides many helpful links in the world of woodturning.
- Geoffs Woodwork, by Geoff Malthouse contains a list of unique and helpful resources.
- Neal Addy, artist list of resources and supplies
- Three Seasons Woodturnings by Neal Addy shares useful articles for turners.
- Turned Treasures, by Larry Hancock, artist of 20 years, member of American Association of Woodturners, demonstrates and hosts instructors — shares lots of resources.
- Woodturning Online by Dennis Daudelin and Richard – contains newsletters, articles, resources.
- Around The Woods by Darrell Feltmate, an experienced artist, offers resources, tips and articles.
- Segmented Woodturning Projects — list of resources/links
- WoodCentral’s Articles & Reviews. Here you’ll find a wealth of diverse woodworking information, articles, insights and constructive reviews.
- Marshall Gorrow’s list of resources includes associations and club links.